Now, let us move on.
1. You should eat at least six smaller meals a day, instead of three large ones. Eating less more often will help your metabolism and prevent your body from storing excess energy as fat.
2. Make sure you get enough protein. As a rule of thumb, you should get between 1-2 grams of protein for every kilo of bodyweight. If you are working hard in the gym, you will need 2 grams pr. kilo.
3. Supplements are not necessary and if your bodybuilding workout guide tells you to use supplements, maybe it is about time you get another guide. Although, in some rare cases protein powder is useful and okay to use.
4. Avoid too much salt and fats but do not avoid it all together. Your body needs fat and salt, but not that much. Try to get your fat from nuts, olives, avocados and fish.
5. If you want to gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than you do burn. Listen to your body and make sure you are never hungry. It is ok to eat a lot when gaining as long as you make sure you do eat healthy.
If you are serious about gaining muscle and building the body of your dreams, you first priority is to find a proven system to guide you. You need a good bodybuilding workout guide to follow. There are many to choose from, both online and offline. Personally I prefer e-books, as I can search and find the information I need very quick.